We urge everyone aged 34 and above who has not yet had their first vaccine to book on the national booking system. Anyone aged over 50 can book on the national site or call their GP.
If you have had your first vaccine, please make sure you have the second vaccine to ensure maximum protection. If you don’t hear about your second vaccination and it is more than 77 days since your first vaccine, there’s information on how to get your second dose.
There is comprehensive information, guidance, and answers to questions, including vaccination information for pregnant women, frontline health and social care staff and carers at COVID-19 Vaccination programme | East London Health & Care Partnership (eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk)
There is comprehensive information, guidance, and answers to questions, including vaccination information for frontline health and social care staff and carers at COVID-19 Vaccination programme | East London Health & Care Partnership (eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk)
Covid: Vatican says coronavirus vaccines 'morally acceptable' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55409693
Information for BAME Communities:-https://elht.nhs.uk/about-us/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance/covid-19-vaccinations/covid-vaccine-bame-communities
Getting the help you need
Most consultations are over the phone and via video. This is for everyone's safety. We will assess your situation and invite you into the practice if needed.
We can arrange same-day appointments if you need urgent care but please don't visit without an appointment. Appointments will be held in the best way to keep you safe from Covid.
You can also contact 111, day or night, for other urgent health advice - including if you have concerns about your Covid-19 symptoms.
Please remember that 999 and A&E are for emergencies.
Please help reduce infections, protect the NHS and keep each other safe by following the latest rules.
- If you need to speak to a GP, please call the GP Access hub service on 020 3770 1888 between 8am and 8pm every day.
- At other times, please visit 111.nhs.uk or call 111 if you don’t have online access
- Many local pharmacies are open at weekends. You can find details online on the NHS England website.
- If you or someone you live with has any of the main coronavirus symptoms (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change in taste/smell):
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. Call freephone number 119 or book at nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Stay at home and follow the guidance on isolation at nhs.uk/coronavirus
- If your symptoms worsen, or you feel that you can’t manage at home, visit 111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or call 111 if you don’t have online access
We aim to provide quality, patient centred, holistic and evidence based care.
The Greenwood Practice is a long established medical practice that is committed to delivering efficient and effective primary care to the community.
The practice is open across 2 sites in Essex, providing a high level of healthcare for our combined patient list.
Main Site: Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood
Address: 89 Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood, RM3 0DR - Tel: 01708 346666
Branch Site: Ardleigh Green Road, Hornchurch
Address: 106 Ardleigh Green Road, Hornchurch, RM11 2LP - Tel: 01708 476455
We undertake to:
- Provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner
- Help you make decisions about your health by treating you as an equal
- Discuss what treatment is available and refer you on to other experts where necessary
- Work within the framework of NHS Primary Care Services to provide professional medical, nursing and other services which meet the identified needs
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf
- Keep up to date with developments in health care by continuing to learnTreat you with respect and courtesy at all times
Our Core Values:
- Patients: We earn the TRUST of our patients by putting patients at the heart of everything we do
- Quality: Providing the highest standard of care and treatment in a SAFE, infection-free environment
- Ethical: We maintain our INTEGRITY by operating within an ethical framework through openness and transparency
- Compassionate: Being compassionate about enhancing caring for our patients that aims to nurture RESPECT
- Staff: We encourage HONESTY and commitment in our workforce through trust, confidence and competence.
In return we ask you to:
- Keep your appointment, or let us know as soon as possible if you can’t attend
- Be nice to our staff! They do their best for you and respond very well to "please" and "thank you"
- Let us know if you have any suggestions or cause for complaint as soon as possible
- Let us know when we have done well
(Site updated 01/09/2021)